Five Cognitive/Brain Activities When Stuck Indoors
1. Make it meaningful! Research shows if you find purpose in an activity, it is more likely to make an impact. Set a timer for 20 minutes to learn a language that always struck your interest.
2. Connect socially- Join a virtual book club, write letters to residents in a local nursing home, intentionally say hello to a neighbor, or volunteer!
3. Brain stimulation regularly including games like Scattergories, puzzles, and hand-eye coordination tasks like constructing a 3d model.
4. Vary types of brain activities so several areas of your brain are lighting up and having to work.
5. A healthy diet is very important for preventing cognitive decline. Look up and make one simple recipe a week that includes a brain-healthy food such as fatty fish, berries, or leafy greens.